Report a Claim
When and How to Report a Claim
If you are served with a lawsuit, receive notice of a claim or a possible claim, or are concerned that a medical incident could result in a claim, immediately report it to our Physicians Claim team. This includes but is not limited to:
- A formal Notice of Intent
- Being named as a Respondent in Discovery (Illinois)
- Records requests from attorneys
- Any notice received from an insured's state licensing board
Reporting a Claim
Begin the claims process.
Toll-free fax: 1-877-367-9654
4 Must-Dos When Faced with a Claim
- Find a secure spot for the original patient chart, including X-rays.
- Keep another file for papers, legal documents and materials from Professional Solutions and/or your defense counsel. None of these materials should be placed in the patient chart.
- Be prepared to commit your time to the defense of the claim. The claim process can be lengthy. Your cooperation and involvement are necessary for the matter to be resolved in the most favorable manner.
- Contact our claims team promptly. This free and confidential service for policyholders can help guide you through the process.
Have the Following Information Ready When You Call
- The date, time and location of the incident
- The medical records
- The lawsuit or nature of the claim
Call a claims representative: 1-800-640-6504
You do not need to report routine records requests received in the normal course of your practice. Our primary interest is records requests when an adverse event, outcome or dissatisfaction with care has occurred, causing concern that legal action could arise against you or your practice.